Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility
Notice 05-10-2024 : Volunteers Needed For Historic Commission, Trails & Open Space Review Commission, Citizen Finance Committee, Zoning Alternate Member and Park & Recreation Board ! Sign Up Today! See Volunteer Registration Form Under Permits & Forms!

Trash & Recycling Information for Residents, Businesses, & Mobile Home Parks

2024 Holiday Trash Recycling Schedule

CCSWA Recycling 2019

Curbside Pickup Service for Residents

Drop Off Center

Trash Certification Requests

Requests may be mailed or faxed. Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. A $15.00 charge per request is required. Make the check payable to West Brandywine Township for a Trash Certification.

PECO Smart Appliance Recycling

PECO will pick up your old working refrigerator or freezer that is running up your electric bill and give you money in return. To find out if you qualify go to or call 1-888-573-2672 for details.

Recycling for Businesses & Mobile Home Parks within West Brandywine Township

Check with your hauler to see if easy "single stream" recycling is available to you.

Commercial, industrial, institutional, and privately owned establishments must recycle the following:

  • Aluminum/bi-metal cans
  • Corrugated cardboard
  • Glass (clear, brown, & green)
  • Newspaper & miscellaneous paper, High-grade office paper.
  • Plastics with logo's #1 - #7 (skip #6).Numbers located on bottom of containers.

Please contact the Township for additional information.

Hazardous Waste



TV Disposal - CCSWA Landfill Electronic Dropoff Site

Updated: June 17, 2021 - The Chester County Solid Waste Authority is accepting (1) TV per household, computers and computer peripherals maximum of (3) at the landfill for FREE until further notice.

  • No Projections TV's will be accepted.
  • You must show ID that you are a resident in Lanchester Lanfill's service area.

A complete computer system is considered one unit. All items must be intact and no disassembled items will be accepted.

No municipal collections will be accepted.

*Residents must be able to unload their own items. Items must be put on the appropriate pallet or in the labeled gay-lord box. Appliances that are mostly metal should be disposed in the metals container for recycling.